Welcome to another Meatless Monday! At first I felt like I was cheating a bit putting in a cake, but it is vegan, so I feel like it fulfils the criteria somehow!
I have made these carrot cakes with eggs instead of the egg substitute (in this case chia), and can I jus say, they are actually not as good! The chia mix just adds a great taste and alters the texture a little, so they’re best this way!
This can either be made as one big cake or in a muffin pan.
Without further ado, the recipe:
Vegan Carrot Cakes (Wholemeal, Sugar-Free)
- 3/4 of a cup rice malt syrup
- 3/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 3 Large Chia Seed eggs (1 tbs chia seeds - ground, + 3 tbs water refrigerated for 10 mins makes 1 egg)
- Pinch of Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Bicarb Soda
- 2 cups Wholemeal Self Raising Flour
- 2 cups finely grated Carrot
- 1/2 cup Pecans, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 180º. Spray or oil a muffin tray.
- Mix your wet ingredients together and stir. Make sure your chia egg is all mixed through.
- Next, mix in your carrot, then the other dry ingredients. Stir until it's all combined, but no more than that. Do not overmix.
- Fill your muffin tray evenly with the mix and bake for 20 minutes. Let it cool, then eat!
The Climbing Tree http://carbis.com.au/
Don’t forget to link up your recipe to Meatless Monday!
Vegan chocolate mousse sound a bit yucky hey?! It is my personal prejudice against vegan food- it sounds yucky. I mean, what sounds better? “Fruit Salad” or “Vegan Fruit Salad”. It just kinda a sounds scary…
Anyway, don’t be put off by the scary title of the chocolate mousse, it is in fact QUITE delicious, QUITE dairy-free, and QUITE sugar-free!
1 can of coconut cream, refrigerated overnight*
2 tbs cocoa (or to taste)
3 tbs dextrose (or to taste)
*A note about the refrigerated overnight thing: The recipe will still work if it’s not refrigerated overnight, you will just need to refrigerate it once you’ve put it all together. If you refrigerate it before, you can eat it virtually straight away!
- Take your can of coconut cream and spoon the creamy part into a bowl. Save the coconut water for another recipe, smoothie, or just drink it!
- Into the cream add your cocoa and dextrose. mix it around and adjust the measurements of dextrose and cocoa so that it tastes how you like it. I like to add a bit more cocoa, as I like it nice and chocolatey!
That’s it! Easy peasy recipe! Enjoy!
Late this afternoon I decided that for the whole of July I would try and take a photo a day of Lior on the DSLR. We have a TON of iPhone photos of him, but I need to stop making excuses and get the real camera out. So here we go, a photo a day of Lior for the month of July!
You are a messy little eater! Mummy & Daddy had banana pancakes for breakfast yesterday & you keep grabbing at it, so yesterday & today you’ve been eating the leftover ones. You loved eating the pancakes all by yourself, but you left a mighty mess afterwards! It is quite fun to watch. xo